You are in Patient Information > How to Overcome Anxiety
Some people have anxiety about seeing a dentist for the first time, or after a long period of abstaining. Unfounded fears about pain or other preconceived notions, even the characteristic smell of antiseptics or the sound of a dental drill remembered from younger days can contribute to this anxiety.
Here are some tips to help prepare you for your visit:
- A few hours before your visit, refrain from drinking coffee, soda, or any other beverage that may make you jittery and nervous.
- Eat foods high in protein, including cheese and eggs, because they can produce a calming effect on your body.
- Don't rush getting dressed or driving to your appointment.
- Get plenty of rest the night before, so you arrive calm and relaxed.
- Tell our office if you are nervous or have anxiety so that a treatment plan can be designed specifically for you.
- A cd player is available at the office so bring your favorite cd or select from our cd's.
- Cable to is available in each operatory for your viewing.